Leave a Comment
Gluten Free Apple Crisp
November 4, 2019
Apple crisp is a fall staple, and easier than pie, so this recipe was perfect. We spent a LOT of time cutting and peeling apples, but otherwise making this recipe was pretty straightforward. Our rendition of apple crisp got rave reviews from Scott’s family, so this recipe is verifiably good. If you have one of those spinning apple peelers that does all the work for you, this recipe will be even better. Apple crisp is always a crowd-pleaser, and this one did not disappoint.
PREP TIME – 20 minutes
COOK TIME- 45 minutes
TOTAL TIME- 1 hour 5 minutes
- 12 cups peeled, sliced apples
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats or old-fashioned oats
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter or non-dairy alternative
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, stir together sliced apples, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, lemon juice and water. Scoop into 9×13 baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all topping ingredients except butter. Use a pastry cutter or 2 knives to cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is crisp and browned.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream or non-dairy alternative.