42 °
    42 °
    42 °
    41 °
    41 °
    42 °
    45 °
    48 °
    51 °
    55 °
    59 °
    62 °
    65 °
    64 °
    64 °
    63 °
    61 °
    60 °
    59 °
    58 °
    56 °
    55 °
    54 °
    53 °
    51 °
66°/ 40°
Moderate rain
May 1
67°/ 47°
Sunny
May 2
51°/ 49°
Heavy rain

Spring Music Dropping Soon

Artists from Taylor Swift to Beyonce plan releases
Amelia Bush
Wallace and Wethington attended Swift’s concert this summer.

On Feb. 4, Taylor Swift announced the release date of her newest album, the “Tortured Poets Department.” Swift announced the album will drop on April 19, when she was on the stage for receiving a Grammy award. Had she not won and had the opportunity to share the news on stage, Swift said that she would have announced the release date at the Tokyo leg of The Eras Tour. Harry Wallace ‘27 has already “bought all four of her special edition vinyls for TTPD.” Although he is most excited about Swift’s new album, Wallace is also excited for Beyoncé’s “Act II”, coming out on March 29. Addie Wethington ‘27 agrees with Wallace, and is equally excited about Swift’s new album. Wethington’s favorite part about Swift’s music, is how she “always writes lyrics that people can connect to.” Both Wallace and Wethington have been to The Eras Tour Minnesota concert, and both loved it. 

In March, Ariana Grande, Justin Timberlake, Shakira, and Beyoncé drop their albums. In April, Conan Gray, Taylor Swift, and thirteen-year-old Julia Roome, a finalist on the last season of The Voice, drop their albums. Generally, teens are most excited about Taylor Swift and Beyoncé’s albums dropping, as well as Ariana Grande’s, because she hasn’t dropped new music for about five years. 

Wallace also looks forward to Conan Gray’s album, even though Gray isn’t his favorite artist. Wallace finds it interesting that Gray has “never been in a relationship before but writes love songs.” Gray is releasing an album called “FOUND HEAVEN,” his third album after “Superache” in 2022.