11 °
    10 °
    10 °
    12 °
    16 °
    19 °
    22 °
    25 °
    26 °
    28 °
    29 °
    29 °
    29 °
    28 °
    26 °
    25 °
    23 °
    23 °
    22 °
    22 °
    22 °
    21 °
    22 °
    22 °
    22 °
March 28
30°/ 9°
Sunny
March 29
38°/ 21°
Patchy moderate snow
March 30
38°/ 31°

COVID-19 Rules, Museums Adapt, Provide Safe Space to View Art

Limited attendance spurs change
Betsy Fries

I think we’re realizing how important art is to our daily lives,” says Brian Sago.

COVID-19 has greatly affected the arts, especially museums. Many museums have had to close down for prolonged periods of time in order to be safe during the pandemic. Museums across the country have had to adapt and change the way they function to continue to share the arts with the community, 

An exhibit at The Walker, Faye Driscoll: Come On In, took place online so viewers could experience the arts from their home. The exhibit included video and audio of the installation. This exhibit was initially planned to be presented Feb. 17 to Jun. 14, 2020. However, since The Walker closed in Mar. due to COVID-19, it had to be canceled. Many were still able to enjoy this exhibit in a safe way after it was changed to become an online experience.

Another exhibit by Josh Fox, The Truth Has Changed, explores the world we live in today. It follows the history of the U.S. through Sept. 11 2001, the spreading of misinformation and propaganda, to Trump and the 2020 elections. The New York Times called it ìOne of the most adventurous impresarios of the New York avant-garde. This special edition, pre-recorded performance is available, Jan. 29 through Feb. 1.   The Online Nature allows the performance to reach many more people been online.