51 °
    54 °
    56 °
    58 °
    60 °
    62 °
    63 °
    64 °
    63 °
    62 °
    60 °
    58 °
    56 °
    54 °
    53 °
    53 °
    52 °
    49 °
    47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    44 °
    45 °
65°/ 46°
49°/ 44°
Heavy rain
57°/ 47°
Moderate rain

Political Roundtable Club Prepares for November 8 Election

Club members simulate election
Yoni Zacks
Layla Chakhvashvili ‘26, Claire Cao ‘26, and Shruti Balachander ‘26 research political candidates together.

As we get further into October, the Political Roundtable Club will begin preparing for a mock midterm election. 

In the election the students will, “Create one page on the views of the party and the policies that they will implement in office” according to member Liam Coley ‘25. Any and all students are allowed to run, even freshmen like Zavdi Fisher ‘26, one of the candidates that is running in the mock election. 

During this election, the Political Roundtable Club members will be split into two different groups, the red and the blue, with Fisher running the blue party. 

Sachin Varma ‘25 says, “The red party is still coalescing and hopefully a candidate would be chosen by next week, so we highly encourage students to run.” The candidacy provides a prime opportunity for students to put their opinion out into the Blake community, campaigning with their sincere thoughts and ideas. 

Participating in this mock election will also grant the winner numerous rewards, Tony Liu ‘25 says, “They get free candy and they get bragging rights.” This reward incentivises candidates to do their very best to try and win the mock election. When the time comes for the election, an email will be sent out to the members, in hopes that everyone will vote for their favorite candidate. 

Students are highly encouraged to participate at varying levels whether it be running in the election, or simply casting their vote and putting their opinion out there, as they would in any real election. 

Political Round Table meets every week on Wednesday during office hours in social studies teacher Amanda Pomerleau’s room, room 245. Make sure to check it out, and consider running in the election! The leaders of the Political Roundtable Club, Liu, Coley, and Yoni Zacks ‘25 are sure to welcome you with open arms. The club is always looking for new members to bring forth new perspectives to immerse the discussions in, as well as participate in elections, the voting process, and increasing student interest and involvement throughout the school.

Come to the leaders with your inquiries regarding participation for more information about how to get involved with the club. Perhaps, you could even become the candidate for the red party or voice your ideas for a different ballot.