44 °
    45 °
    46 °
    46 °
    47 °
    47 °
    45 °
    44 °
    44 °
    44 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    42 °
    42 °
    41 °
    41 °
    42 °
    42 °
    41 °
    41 °
    42 °
    45 °
    47 °
April 29
47°/ 42°
Patchy rain nearby
April 30
68°/ 40°
Moderate rain
May 1
69°/ 49°
Partly Cloudy

The Best Halloween Movies to Enhance Halloween Experience

Movies and TV shows offer spooky vibe for Halloween
Halloweentown+provides+the+Halloween+feel+without+the+spookiness+of+traditional+Halloween+movies.+
Steven Cao
Halloweentown provides the Halloween feel without the spookiness of traditional Halloween movies.

One of the best aspects of the Fall season is the culture of Halloween. Not only does Halloween entail a dark, spooky night filled with candy and costumes, but also just a whole month of carving pumpkins, listening to spooky music, baking festive foods, going to haunted houses, and of course watching the iconic and nostalgic Halloween TV shows and movies. 

There are certain movies and shows that I love to watch every year, reminiscing in the comfort of my childhood memories. You can’t forget about binge watching the old Disney TV episodes including: “Girl Meets World Of Terror”, “Friday Night” from Good Luck Charlie, “The Whining” from Jesse, and “Torn Between Two Hannahs” from Hannah Montana. Now I’m not gonna lie, when I was younger I might have gotten recurring nightmares from Jesse’s Halloween episode, but I promise I got over it and it wasn’t actually that scary! Each of these TV show options are not scary and the type of show you can multitask with.

To get into the Halloween feel, there are many different styles of movies you can watch. Some of the movies I recommend watching that aren’t scary are: The Nightmare Before Christmas, Coraline, Halloweentown, Hubie Halloween, The Corpse Bride, Gremlins, Twilight, or Scooby Doo Spooky Island. While Gremlins, Twilight, and Coraline don’t relate to Halloween, they still are spooky films that can give you a shiver and set you in the Halloween mood.