40 °
    40 °
    41 °
    42 °
    41 °
    41 °
    40 °
    39 °
    38 °
    37 °
    36 °
    35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    33 °
    32 °
    32 °
    32 °
    33 °
    35 °
    37 °
    39 °
    42 °
    44 °
    46 °
42°/ 35°
49°/ 32°
59°/ 38°
Sunny

Alternative Burgers Provide Options

Impossible, Beyond burgers cater to unique diets
Fast-casual+chain+Wahlburgers+partners+with+Impossible+Foods+Inc.+to+serve+the+Impossible+Burger+at+their+restaurants.+
Yoni Zacks
Fast-casual chain Wahlburgers partners with Impossible Foods Inc. to serve the Impossible Burger at their restaurants.

As someone who keeps kosher, I used to get jealous when I would go out to eat with my friends and they would get hamburgers while I would be stuck with still great, but less desirable options. However, that all changed with the rise of Impossible Burgers and Beyond Burgers, which are plant-based burgers that taste very similar to real hamburgers.

There are tons of places across the Twin Cities where you can get impossible burgers. I chose to try three. The first one I tried was Burger Kingís Impossible Whopper. Having had this before, I expected similar results. However, the burger that I received was burnt, and tasted that way, even when masked with ketchup. The burnt taste was disappointing as it made the food less enjoyable. The fries were amazing, super crispy, and the best by a mile. 

Next, I tried Red Robin, which is one of my favorite restaurants. I had to order takeout due to time restraints and it was still good. The burger itself was very good, however, the fries were varied between lukewarm, soggy, and fresh fries. 

The final place I tried was Wahlburgers. This was by far the best burger. The plain pickles on the burger added another layer of flavor. However, the fries were unfortunately soggy. The fried pickles, which I ordered by recommendation, were also delicious.