43 °
    43 °
    44 °
    44 °
    45 °
    46 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    44 °
    44 °
    44 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    42 °
    42 °
    42 °
    42 °
    42 °
    42 °
    42 °
    41 °
    42 °
April 29
47°/ 42°
Patchy rain nearby
April 30
68°/ 40°
Moderate rain
May 1
69°/ 49°
Partly Cloudy

Blaze Pizza Serves Absolute Heat

Outstanding pizza, underwhelming salad
Yoni Zacks
Cheese pizza that was just enough to fill one person. Blaze Pizza is open from 11a.m.- 9p.m. every day of the week.

To celebrate the first week back, my two friends, Eddie Shen ‘25 and Tony Liu ‘25, and I decided to celebrate by getting pizza after school. It seemed fitting for a Friday afternoon, so after school, we drove to Blaze Pizza in Hopkins.

The first thing you see when you walk into the vestibule is a sign that says “follow the flame.” This made me even more intrigued by what I would find inside. We walked into no line, which wasn’t surprising since it was 3:30. They started taking our orders immediately, and while my friends had no trouble deciding, I stared down the unfamiliar menu with interest.

Our order was two cheese pizzas and one build-your-own pizza, as well as a salad, cheese bread, and two drinks. Something we found helpful is that a three-topping pizza and a seven-topping pizza cost the same, which allowed us to purchase a pizza loaded with meat (as someone who keeps Kosher, I did not eat it). I also ordered a caesar salad, which was extremely disappointing. 

I ordered the salad thinking it would be made fresh with the ingredients that I observed while ordering. However, upon receiving it, I realized the opposite was true. It was a very small, premade salad, which was extremely frustrating since it meant I had no option of customizing it.

For drinks, we decided to try their signature blood orange lemonade. It was amazing, with a perfect balance of sweetness and tartness, and since the drinks were self-serve, it allowed us to try them before making sure it was what we wanted.

Then, we had to go to the counter and pick up our pizzas and cheese bread. To say it was incredible was a massive understatement. This was an exquisitely cooked pizza, with a perfectly crunchy crust and the right ratio of cheese to sauce. But the cheese bread was on its own level. The bread was flawlessly cooked and there was a special kick to it. The one complaint was that some pieces had a lot less cheese than the others, but even that seemed minor.

For dessert, I ordered their signature s’more. They offered to warm it up for me, which I had never heard of before. I made the right choice. Everything was perfect, from the melted chocolate to the marshmallow to the perfect crunch of the graham cracker.